The Dark Cab


This is a painting based on a sketch I did long time back. I painted it in a workshop at MCCIA on the occasion of INTERNATIONAL ANIMATION DAY 2008 using WACOM...
In the worshop, people came and saw me doing this and asked questions and learned. That is the purpose we intended. But very sadly, most of them were fascinated about the TABLET and asked all the questions they could, including the price and where to buy it. but very few were curious about the ART.
I kept telling them that it not what TOOL you use, but it is the ART that matters. The method, the logic, the artistic understanding, design sense is all you have to learn.
This is very frustating. People are engrossed with softwares and tools and all but very few thinks about the THINKING. THE ART. Animation as a SUBJECT, as ART.
Well we who know, its our moral duty to teach these souls...What ....is ANIMATION.
Hope you like the painting, its raw. you can fin the sketch in my Game backgrounds post down below.
See ya soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I often see your blog, (more often to feed your green gadget frog) and it is nice to see you updating it after a *long* time!

Nilabh said...

hey thanks ...so my pet frog is of use ha?....he he....

Mitali P said...

"Well, I often see your blog, (more often to feed your green gadget frog) and it is nice to see you updating it after a *long* time!"

He he he sorry the anonymous was me...lol